Notifications
Clear all

"Lum and Abner" and other OTR comic strips!

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@dpitchford)
Topic starter  

Howdy! I was asked to post about my Lum and Abner Comic StripSince 2011, I have written and illustrated the authorized Lum and Abner comic strip. It appears in "a few" (wish it was "a lot of") newspapers and online. It is a Sunday comic strip in color. For our blind friends, we include an audio adaptation each week. An e-mail subscription is absolutely free! I'm in the middle of an adaptation of a few of my favorite Lum and Abner radio episodes right now. You can always back up and catch up. At the top of the site are links to archives of all the past strips. Also, there are links to all 133 issues of The National Lum and Abner Society's 1984-2007 publication, The Jot 'Em Down Journal in PDF and MP3. I hope you'll "drap by an' set a spell!" Thank you!
The current story begins here: https://lumandabnercomics.com/2023/06/18/new-lum-and-abner-comic-strip-619/

Thank you!
Donnie Pitchford, Lum and Abner cartoonist

(@lyndseydabek)
Member Admin

Very cool, thank you, Donnie! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@lm-reps)
Eminent Member

Donnie, this is great!  I clicked on your link and found that the color drawing of the comic strip is beautiful, and the 3-minute clip is so funny!  The voices sound exactly like those in the episodes of Lum and Abner I have listened to.  I hope you will post more of these here when you have time.

Larry

ReplyQuote
(@lyndseydabek)
Member Admin

Thanks to Donnie and Walden, we're doing a couple of fun Lum and Abner recreations at the REPS Picnic this Sunday! 

Please feel free to join us on Zoom if you like, details here: https://www.repsonline.org/event/reps-picnic-plus-lum-abner-recreation/

Recreation starting at 3 PM PST.  Thanks again, Donnie! 🙂

Sincerely,

Lindsey Dabek

ReplyQuote
Share: