Notifications
Clear all

What are your favorites?

2 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jdcarter)

On the flip side of those shows you've listened to, but just can't like, what are some of your favorite series? I grew up in the 70's, so The CBS Radio Mystery Theater is by far my favorite as I was able to listen to it while it was on the air. This past spring, I discovered The General Mills Radio Adventure Series. This one was also done by Himan Brown and had Tom Bosley as the host. How that one got past me back then, I don't know. It was geared towards young teens but even now, I enjoy listening to it. Both of those are my go to programs. I also enjoy Dragnet, The Mysterious Traveler and The Whistler.

1 Reply
(@lm-reps)
Eminent Member

A few years ago I asked members of the OTRR group the question "How did you find out about old-time radio and become a fan?"  The most frequent answer by far was (to paraphrase) "by listening to the CBS Radio Mystery Theater when I was young."  That makes sense, because the famous sound effect of the creaking door was used at the opening of every episode of Inner Sanctum Mysteries.  Anyone who decided to listen to some episodes of that may soon have discovered series that Joe likes such as The Mysterious Traveler and The Whistler.  In fact, my favorite OTR episode that is not a soap opera is The Mysterious Traveler's "The Most Famous Man in the World."  Larry

Share: